Pool Safety Rules
In addition to having a Pool Guard swimming pool fencing installed, here are some rules to help prevent accidents and drownings. These rules will ensure everyone has a safe, fun time swimming and provide a worry free pool environment.
- Always have adult supervision.
- Keep a portable telephone near the pool.
- At least one adult family member should know CPR.
- Never swim when there is lightning or thunder.
- Do not allow running on the edge of the pool.
- Keep large floating toys out of the pool – they block the view.
- Keep deck areas free of clutter.
- Teach all children to swim as early as possible.
- Never allow young children to dive into a pool.
- Install pool lights for night vision.
- Have a clear view of the pool from inside your home.
- Remove automatic vacuums from the pool before swimming.
- Keep pool chemicals locked away.
- Never allow extension cords near a pool.
- Make sure your babysitters can swim – have them show you.
- Always install a Pool Guard swimming safety fence.
- Verify your swimming pool fencing is installed properly and the pool gates are closed.
- Keep your pool fencing in place – always. Only remove pool fencing for maintence